How to Care for and Maintain Your Artificial Lawn
Artificial grass is incredibly easy to maintain, as unlike real grass, there is no mowing, watering, feeding, or re-turfing required. It is durable, low-maintenance and easy to clean.
However, to ensure your artificial lawn looks as good as when it was first laid and its maximum life expectancy is maintained, there are a few simple things you can do.
To maintain your lawn you should carry out the following:
- Regularly remove leaves and debris using a leaf blower, stiff brush, or rake. To prevent leaves falling onto the lawn, you should trim hedges and trees.
- Apply weed killer to the lawn twice a year to prevent airborne seeds growing into weeds.
- If dirt and soil is transferred onto the lawn you can clean it by hosing down the grass with a light detergent or warm soapy water and stiff brush.
- To eradicate dog urine odours and mess, you should use a specialist cleaner such as PoopClenz or PeeClenz.
- It is not recommended to install outdoor mirrors near the lawn area as they can impact the quality of the grass.
This little maintenance required pales in comparison to the upkeep required for real grass. Artificial grass guarantees a tidy and attractive lawn all year round without the hard work of maintaining a real lawn.
For more information about maintaining your lawn, get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.Next Chapter Previous Chapter